All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn illustrated guide to historical and modern flies, hooks, lines, and loop rods. Whether looking for a back-to-basics approach to fly-tying or a better understanding of its history, The Fly-Fisher's Craft is the perfect volume to educate the curious angler as well as to provide tips of the trade. A detailed history of fly-tying and historical flies are coupled with the author's personal modern fly patterns, satisfying the fisher's desire for the pastoral and practical. In The Fly-Fisher's Craft, experienced outdoors writer Darrel Martin provides thoroughly researched history and careful instruction accompanied by color photographs throughout. Chapters cover a wide variety of topics, such as: Tying in antiquity Fly design Personal patterns Hooks and lines Loop-rods And much more! In a newly augmented edition, new readers will have the chance to discover the roots of fly fishing and fly tying from antiquity up through the modern era. With forewords by Ted Leeson and by John Betts, both respected angling authors, this book is a complete source for the fly-tier. Skyhorse Publishing is proud to publish a broad range of books for fishermen. Our books for anglers include titles that focus on fly fishing, bait fishing, fly-casting, spin casting, deep sea fishing, and surf fishing. Our books offer both practical advice on tackle, techniques, kts, and more, as well as lyrical prose on fishing for bass, trout, salmon, crappie, baitfish, catfish, and more. While t every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to publishing books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked by other publishers and to authors whose work might t otherwise find a home.
- Author BiographyDarrel Martin is a retired professor of Old and Middle English as well as a devoted angler who has fished in over twenty countries across the globe. He has written several books on the subject, including The Fly-Fisher's Companion, The Fly Fisher's Illustrated Dictionary, Micropatterns, and Fly-Tying Methods, and has led educational programs on tying and casting all over the world. He resides in Tacoma, Washington.
- Author(s)Darrel Martin
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication17/03/2016
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyhorse Publishing
- Content NoteColor photos throughout, color illustrations throughout
- Weight1514 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Foreword byTed Leeson,John Betts
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.23
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.11
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.87
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.29
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.89
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.