The Food and Cooking of Milan and Bologna: Classic Dishes from the North-west of Italy by Valentina Harris (Hardback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $34.39Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by books2anywhereuk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.99+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $23.04Trending at AU $34.37
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $15.89
- AU $32.26Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $23.04Trending at AU $36.25
- AU $23.03Trending at AU $36.63
- AU $23.48Trending at AU $29.26
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $33.74
About this product
- DescriptionThis title presents classic dishes from the North-west of Italy. Discover the secrets of the world-famous cuisines of Lombardy, Emilia-Romagna, Piedmont, Liguria and Aosta Valley, in a collection of 65 mouthwatering recipes. This is an insightful guide to the geography, climate and culinary history of each region, exploring the similarities and differences that bind the North-west of Italy together. This fascinating exploration of the typical ingredients of the area includes wonderful foods such as Parmesan cheese, balsamic vinegar, fresh egg pasta, risotto rice, Parma ham and exquisite white truffles. It is illustrated with over 370 beautiful photographs by the award-winning food photographer Martin Brigdale. Lombardy, Emilia-Romagna, Piedmont, Liguria and Aosta Valley comprise the diverse North-western corner of Italy. This fabulous new book opens with an exploration into each region of this part of Italy, focussing on their geography, history and food culture. It includes fascinating information about the festivals and celebrations that take place, as well as the typical foods that accompany them. The recipe section contains 65 authentic dishes from antipasto, through the primo and secondo, to dessert. Famous classics are included, such as Minestrone Soup, Barolo Risotto, Salsa Verde and Panna Cotta. Each dish is beautifully photographed and complete nutritional breakdowns are provided throughout. Cook's tips and variations provide extra help and ideas to help you make the most out of each recipe. A celebration of the distinctive tastes and traditions that have shaped the Italian menu, this book is ideal for anyone wanting to learn how to prepare the classics of North-west Italy.
- Author BiographyValentina Harris attained two diplomas for teaching and cooking at the Scuola di Alta Cucina Cordon Bleu School in Rome in 1976. From there, Valentina moved to London and established herself as an authentic Italian chef. In 1984 she published her first cookbook, Perfect Pasta, which won an award for literature and gastronomy in Germany. Many other books followed, as well as a six-part BBC television series, Italian Regional Cookery, in 1990, the book of which became a top-ten bestseller. For more information about Valentina, visit her website: www.cucinavalentina.com.
- Author(s)Valentina Harris
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication15/11/2011
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteover 370 colour photographs
- Weight935 g
- Width241 mm
- Height289 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Photographs byMartin Brigdale
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.