All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
About this product
- DescriptionWhether you are taking the island route or you have found that quiet little local getaway where you can drop the hook, the menu can sometimes appear rather dismal. It's easier to plan a cruise where the furthest you will be from a market or a restaurant is an afteron's boat trip; but really, sailing all day and winding up in some breathtaking, serene setting and dining under the stars can be your five star restaurant. In order to fully appreciate that experience, however, you'll need to make some serious plans for provisioning. In this guide, all of the necessary components for an efficient galley, adequate provisioning, and enjoyable meals for short term or extended cruising are addressed. Also included are some menu suggestions and recipes that are both practical and delicious under most sailing conditions. This guide is primarily geared toward the boater that is relatively new to the world of cruising. It is intended to help take some of the time consuming guess work out of using the galley to its full potential and making the menu planning process less of a challenge. Even though a more seasoned boater may already use diverse and reliable provisions, menus and recipes of their own, the suggestions in this guide may provide some new ideas and inspire him or her to expand upon an already existing repertoire of methods, resources and recipes, as well.
- Author BiographyMargaret Angiel is author of So You Think You Want to Sail: A Condensed Guide for Leisure and Extended Cruising, and Living Aboard: A Condensed Guide for Moving from House to Hull. Her cruising and live-aboard experience over the course of 30 years has taken her on the intracoastal from New York to Florida. Additionally, extended sea journeys with her husband on their 43' Columbia included the Bahamas, Virgin Islands and the West Indies. Her guides are primarily geared toward the inexperienced sailor and adventurer but offer a variety of helpful hints and advice for boaters of all levels. It is her hope that The Foodie's Guide to the Galley will make the provisioning, menu planning and structuring of the galley a simple and efficient undertaking for boaters of all levels. Although the Columbia has recently found a new home, Ms. Angiel continues to share her knowledge and experiences of boating and living aboard while incorporating her passion for travel, photography and cooking into her writing.
- Author(s)Margaret A Angiel
- PublisherMarginalway Publishing
- Date of Publication02/03/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectWater Sports
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMarginalway Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight86 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.