All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDelicious wild edible plants and mushrooms are abundant throughout North America, t only in the wilderness but in urban areas, too. Learn how to identify, harvest, and eat the tastiest plants in your backyard. Intended as much for the cooking enthusiast as for the survivalist, this book includes recipes that will transform even the most common edible backyard weeds into guest-worthy fare. Even experienced foragers will be impressed with plantain leaf chips that are crisper and tastier than kale chips. Dandelion flowers become wine, Japanese ktweed becomes rhubarb-like compote and tangy sorbet, red clover blossoms give quick bread a delightfully spongy texture and hint of sweetness.
- Author BiographyLeda Meredith has been preserving food since she was a kid at her great-grandmother's side. She is the guide to food preservation at About.com, teaches food preservation and foraging throughout the Northeast, and is a regular contributor to numerous food-related publications. She lives in Brooklyn, New York.
- Author(s)Leda Meredith
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication03/05/2016
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Series TitleCountryman Know How
- Place of PublicationWoodstock
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCountryman Press Inc.
- Content Note75 color photographs
- Weight640 g
- Width203 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.