All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBefore the Ford Capri arrived in 1969, GT cars had tended to be expensive, temperamental, impractical and rarefied. Ford decided there was reason why a four-seater coupe couldn't look stunning and go like a rocket (with the right engine) yet be as easy and cheap to run as a Ford Escort. Little wonder that the slogan they used in 1969 to launch it, 'The car you always promised yourself', made an immediate impact. The Capri was a hit from day one, and continued to be a British favourite until 1986, at which time it had been somewhat overshadowed by the emergence of the Hot Hatchback. Over its lifetime, the Capri was available in a vast array of guises over three distinct 'Marks', but all of them had at their heart affordable fun and a surprising degree of everyday practicality. Nothing has ever quite replaced it, but it lives on in the fond imagination of everyone who loved it.
- Author BiographyGiles Chapman is an award-winning writer and commentator on the industry, history, and culture of cars. He's the former editor of Classic & Sports Car, the world's bestselling classic car magazine, and is the author of more than 15 books including Car Emblems, The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Extraordinary Automobiles, and Top Gear: My Dad Had One Of Those.
- Author(s)Giles Chapman
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/09/2012
- SubjectRoad & Motor Vehicles: General Interest
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width185 mm
- Height124 mm
- Spine15 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $70.50
- AU $32.48Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.99Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.