Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $92.76
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.73
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.60
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $51.92
- AU $78.77Trending at AU $115.92
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.71
About this product
- DescriptionThe Foreman/Supervisor's Handbook is offered as a com- prehensive and authoritative text which presents the kind of prac- tical information the foreman or supervisor needs in order to be effective on the job. It completely revises and updates The Foreman's Handbook, a work which, through four previous edi- tions, has become the standard text in its field. The term foreman/supervisor in the title of the new edition was decided upon by the editors despite a reluctance to tamper with a well established name, in recognition of a change in usage which has come about over the years. Supervisor is w more generally used in industry for the first level of management and is espe- cially appropriate since the emerging role of women in super- visory (and higher) positions has rendered the earlier, gender- specific term less properly descriptive. Moreover, although the orientation of the book is to manufacturing operations, the prin- ciples and techniques discussed have wide application in office operations, where the term supervisor is the designation uni- versally used. To retain continuity with the previous editions, the compromise term foreman/supervisor was adopted. As in previous editions, each chapter is written by an authority in the ubject covered. Each, morever, stands on its own feet, i. e., it can be read as a separate article, independent of preceding or succeeding chapters.
- Author(s)Carl Heyel
- Date of Publication08/03/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPopular Science
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, bibliography
- Weight653 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.