All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHappy with her husband-to-be and beloved son, Isabel Dalhousie has feelings about parenthood that grow more tender daily. So when Jane, a visiting academic adopted and sent to Australia as a baby, asks for help in tracing her Scottish origins, she cant refuse. However, habitually upright Isabel finds herself beset by temptation - for instance, to be suspicious of Professor Lettuce's latest subterfuge, and of her niece Cat's weakness for the wrong man. And when the search for Jane's parents turns troubling, she can hardly prevent herself from interfering too forcefully in family secrets. As she steers a course between love and laissez-faire, our philosopher heroine succeeds in resisting all temptations but those which must be answered, and teases a solution from every problem.
- Author BiographyFollowing a distinguished career as a Professor of Medical Law, Alexander McCall Smith has turned to writing full-time. He is the author of over sixty books on a wide array of subjects, and his books have been translated into forty-five languages. He lives in Edinburgh with his wife.
- Author(s)Alexander McCall Smith
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication02/08/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleIsabel Dalhousie Novels
- Series Part/Volume Number8
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight178 g
- Width127 mm
- Height195 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Read byLesley Mackie
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.95
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $83.88
- AU $12.60Trending at AU $17.01
- AU $17.72Trending at AU $19.73
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.37
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.