All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.40
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.90Trending at AU $31.80
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.46
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.89
About this product
- DescriptionMany are disquieted by how we care for older persons today. This book documents an example of care practices and management infrastructure that restore dignity and wholeness to the elderly.
- Author BiographyThe authors of this monograph were privileged to inherit the legacy of working with the Priory Method long after its development. During the 1980's and 1990's they were both in positions of leadership at the Juan de Fuca Hospitals, hospitals which included the original St Mary's Priory. Jessie Mantle is Professor Emeritus, University of Victoria, Victoria, BC, Canada. During her career she has been a staff nurse, an instructor in a diploma School of Nursing, a university nursing professor and a clinical nurse specialist in gerontological nursing. Between the years of 1981 and 1995 she held a joint appointment as Professor at the University of Victoria and Clinical Nurse Specialist at the Juan de Fuca Hospitals where she was introduced to the Priory Method. In this latter role she developed evidence-based clinical programs becoming a leader in delineating the salient features of nursing care for the elderly in Canada. She has been a role model and mentor to nurses in this specialty and was a founding member of the Canadian Gerontological Nursing Association becoming the first President of the Association, from 1985 to 1987. Through her teaching, invited speeches, articles and conference presentations she has influenced health care professionals to critically examine how they care for older adults. Jeanette Funke-Furber, is a retired nurse living in Victoria, BC, Canada. Currently she is President of the Greater Victoria Eldercare Foundation. During her career she has been a staff nurse in hospital and home care and a teacher of nursing in hospital diploma, college and university programs. Between the years 1985-2000, she was the senior nurse administrator at the Juan de Fuca Hospitals in Victoria, BC and Adjunct professor, University of Victoria. During this time, she established a shared governance model and introduced Quality Improvement Programs. These programs enhanced the participation of all staff, residents, families and community in developing and implementing patient centered care programs. She taught Nursing Management and Current Issues to BScN nursing students, and supported the expansion of student clinical placements throughout the Juan de Fuca Hospitals. She was a strong advocate for career development of nursing and multidisciplinary staff in the specialty of Gerontology.
- Author(s)Jeanette Funke-Furber,Jessie Mantle
- PublisherTrafford Publishing
- Date of Publication23/04/2003
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationVictoria
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintTrafford Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight203 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.