Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.02
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume brings together articles by some major figures in various linguistics domains - phology, morphology and syntax - aiming at explaining the form of linguistic items by exploring the structures that underlie them. The book is divided in 5 parts: vowels, syllables, templates, syntax-morphology interface and Afro-Asiatic languages. Specific topics are the internal structure of vowels and its relation to harmony; the logic of recurrent vocalic patterns; syllabic prominence; the interaction of syllabic and templatic structure and segmental realization; the innateness of templates and paradigms; the limits of phology; and various morpho-syntactic implications on phological form. The volume renders homage to Jean Lowenstamm's work, by underlining the importance of seeking structural and intermodular insight in the study of linguistic form.
- PublisherJohn Benjamins Publishing Co
- Date of Publication15/11/2014
- Series TitleLanguage Faculty and Beyond
- Series Part/Volume Number12
- Place of PublicationAmsterdam
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- ImprintJohn Benjamins Publishing Co
- Content Note+ index
- Weight815 g
- Edited byMohamed Lahrouchi,Nicola Lampitelli,Noam Faust,Sabrina Bendjaballah
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.