All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.15
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.45
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.32
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.26
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.26
About this product
- DescriptionAlthough he is most remembered for his vast collection of science fiction memorabilia; his influential magazine, Famous Monsters of Filmland; and his frequent sci-fi convention appearances, Forrest J Ackerman (1916-2008) also left a sizeable body of work in print. An introductory biographical section traces Ackerman's early enthusiasm for pulp magazines and film productions of a fantastic nature, his rise to prominence in fandom, his acquisition of memorabilia, his work as a literary agent, the founding of his landmark magazine in 1958, and his friendship with a number of performers and personnel from genre films. The extensive bibliography includes listings of books, published letters, articles, fiction, verse, speeches, screenplays, comics, discography, liner tes, and periodicals edited and published by Ackerman. A thorough filmography, a selected listing of nationally televised appearances, and rare photographs of Ackerman throughout his lifetime complete this definitive catalog of one of science fiction's most interesting personalities.
- Author BiographyChristopher M. O'Brien has been researching the pulp magazines and early science fiction fandom for more than a decade. His short stories and articles have appeared in Filmfax, Mad Scientist, The Lovecraft Annual and Mythos Collector.
- Author(s)Christopher M. O'Brien
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication15/09/2012
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight431 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.