All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $20.42Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $23.42Trending at AU $26.67
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.10
- AU $56.62Trending at AU $60.72
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.03
- AU $7.48Trending at AU $12.42
- AU $19.09Trending at AU $23.88
About this product
- DescriptionCarmen Navarro rings up customers at the Quikmart, bored to tears. It's a job, and she needs it. But Carmen's true love is music: she dropped out of high school to sing with the Gypsy Lovers and land a recording contract, someday. Just a few miles away, Ryan Sweeney hunches over his books, a studious cadet with his eye on West Point. There's t a single girl at the Valley Forge Military Academy, and that's fine by him. But when Ryan, on a day pass from campus, spots Carmen, with her shining black hair and snake tattoo, his pulse quickens. Carmen, who rmally rolls her eyes at the stiff Academy soldados, can tell this one is different. She slips him a te: Come hear my band. A romance begins, unlikely, passionate . . . and quickly imbalanced. In an enthralling narrative of obsessive love, the vel builds to a stunning close. Inspired by the vella and opera Carmen, Jen Bryant creates a strong-minded and alluring heroine in this contemporary tale of tragic love. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author BiographyJen Bryant is the acclaimed author of many books for young readers, including A River of Words: The Story of William Carlos Williams, illustrated by Melissa Sweet and awarded a Caldecott Honor. A graduate of Gettysburg College, Jen Bryant lives in Pennsylvania with her family. To learn more, please visit her on the Web at www.jenbryant.com. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)Jen Bryant
- Date of Publication08/11/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight195 g
- Width141 mm
- Height209 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.