All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEven people with the barest interest in Broadway can recognize the unique, angular, sensual style of Bob Fosse. With its small gestures and isolated movements, it is frequently copied - and often misinterpreted. For there is far more to it than bowler hats and white gloves, which is why choreographer Debra McWaters has put together the ultimate visual and verbal guide to Fosse's way of dancing, choreographing, and teaching.Using hundreds of photographs, as well as descriptions from Fosse himself, McWaters guides dancers and teachers through the process of understanding the intricacies of this style of jazz dance. An assistant to Gwen Verdon on Fosse, a long-time associate of Ann Reinking, and personal choreographer for Ben Vereen, McWaters is uniquely situated to write this book. The Fosse Style provides facts, t guesswork, about how to execute Fosse's signature movements, information handed down from an illustrious list of artists and performers. It closes with a sample dance featuring Fosse's signature moves. No dancer or fan of such shows as The Pajama Game, Damn Yankees!, Sweet Charity, Cabaret, Pippin, or Chicago can afford to be without this book.
- Author BiographyDebra McWaters is a choreographer who has assisted with the choreography in such Broadway productions as Chicago and Fosse and was the director/choreographer on the international company of Fosse. As the artistic director of the Broadway Theatre Project at the University of South Florida, she is often called upon to teach Fosse workshops across the country.
- Author(s)Debra McWaters
- PublisherUniversity Press of Florida
- Date of Publication15/04/2008
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationFlorida
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of Florida
- Content Note450 illustrations
- Weight513 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Foreword byBen Vereen
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $37.91
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $25.08Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.84Trending at AU $28.46
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.