All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $54.70
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.63
- AU $18.90Trending at AU $23.23
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.31
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $56.23
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.68
About this product
- DescriptionWith contributions from a number of pioneering researchers in the field, this collection is aimed t only at researchers and scientists in nlinear dynamics but also at a broader audience interested in understanding and exploring how modern chaos theory has developed since the days of Poincare. This book was motivated by and is an outcome of the CHAOS 2015 meeting held at the Henri Poincare Institute in Paris, which provided a perfect opportunity to gain inspiration and discuss new perspectives on the history, development and modern aspects of chaos theory. Henri Poincare is remembered as a great mind in mathematics, physics and astromy. His works, well beyond their rigorous mathematical and analytical style, are kwn for their deep insights into science and research in general, and the philosophy of science in particular. The Poincare conjecture (only proved in 2006) along with his work on the three-body problem are considered to be the foundation of modern chaos theory.
- Author BiographyChristos Skiadas is the Founder and Director of the Data Analysis and Forecasting Laboratory in the Technical University of Crete. A former vice-Rector of the Technical University of Crete and Chairman of the Department of Production Engineering and Management, he also served as a consultant in various firms. His main scientific and research interests is innovation diffusion modelling and forecasting, life table data modelling and healthy life expectancy estimates, including applications in finance and insurance. He conducts also research in deterministic, stochastic and chaotic modeling. Among the many books he has authored and edited is the article collection Advances in Data Analysis (Springer Birkhauser Basel 2010).
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication30/04/2016
- Series TitleUnderstanding Complex Systems
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note39 black & white illustrations, 54 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight578 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byChristos Skiadas
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.