Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $60.15+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $51.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.83Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.11
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $84.79
- AU $61.22Trending at AU $69.47
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.12
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $24.54
- AU $37.91Trending at AU $41.12
About this product
- Description...it is refreshing to review a book that doesn't claim to include everything but literally provides a foundation by focusing upon key areas within Emergency Care - to borrow that hackneyed phrase - it does what it says on the tin ! Tim Barr, Cardiff University, UK The Foundations of Emergency Care is an accessible text that brings together both academic and clinical experts to combine coverage of the clinical skills and underpinning theoretical kwledge essential to practice within the modern emergency setting. Using an evidenced-based and protocol driven approach, this clinical companion guides readers through a multitude of common patient scenarios, to help them acquire essential skills in assessment and priority assignment in an emergency care setting. Each chapter includes scenarios that utilise common emergency care presentations to clearly demonstrate how practitioners can identify critical illness at an early stage through understanding how disease and illness affect rmal physiology and how this relates to the patient's clinical presentation. This ability to critically analyse physical findings assists the practitioner in becoming a specialist and directly saves lives. Key areas covered include: Cardiac Emergencies: including the new 2006 ALS guidelines Head Injuries Acute Surgical Emergencies Gynaecologic and Obstetric Emergencies Respiratory Distress Paediatric Emergencies Mir Trauma and Illness Major Trauma Acute Medical EmergenciesThe book also includes scenarios that cover the treatment of the elderly and those presenting with mental health emergencies. This important new book encourages readers to reflect on their clinical encounters to gain further insight into relevant treatment options and illustrates how critical thinking can be applied in emergency care. Essential reading for healthcare professionals working within emergency care and students requiring the fundamental skills necessary to competently undertake patient assessment and correctly prioritise patient care.
- Author BiographyCliff Evans has been the Emergency Department Lecturer for TVU and NW London for 3 years, teaching the Emergency BSc to all local Emergency Departments. Emma Tippins is Senior Sister for Practice Development at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital. Contributors: Michelle Stanton, Senior Lecturer at TVU Paul Newcombe, Senior Lecturer, St Georges University of London Claire Washbourne, ED Consultant Nurse (Minor injury), C&W Andrew Fraser, Emergency Consultant, Newham Hospital
- Author(s)Cliff Evans,Emma Tippins
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/12/2006
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Series TitleUK Higher Education OUP Humanities & Social Sciences Health & Social Welfare
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1 g
- Width61 mm
- Height91 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.