All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.90
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
About this product
- DescriptionThe Foundations of Remembering presents a collection of essays written by top memory scholars in hor of Henry L. Roediger III. The chapters were originally delivered as part of the Roddyfest conference held in March 2005 to celebrate Purdue University's awarding of an horary doctor of letters to Roediger in recognition of his many contributions to the field of psychology. Authors were given a simple charge: choose your own topic, but place your work in historical context. Roediger is fascinated by the intellectual lineage of ideas, so addressing historical foundations seemed a fitting tribute. The Chapters contained in this volume help to establish the foundations of remembering, circa the first decade of the 21st century, as perceived by some of the leading memory researchers in the world. Not surprisingly, each of the chapters touches on Roediger's research as well, largely because his work has helped to define and clarify many topics of interest to the memory field. The Foundations of Remembering is intended for a wide audience: students, scholars, and anyone interested in exploring the historical and conceptual roots of modern memory theory.
- Author BiographyJames S. Nairne received his undergraduate training at the University of California at Berkeley and his Ph.D. in psychology from Yale University. He has published widely on topics in human memory. He is past associate editor for the Journal of Memory and Language and Psychonomic Bulletin & Review; he has served on several editorial boards, including the Journal of Experimental Psychology: Learning, Memory, and Cognition, and Memory and Cognition.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication26/04/2007
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitlePsychology Press Festschrift Series
- Place of PublicationHove
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPsychology Press Ltd
- Content Note57 black & white illustrations, 22 black & white tables, 2 black & white halftones, 55 black & white line drawings
- Weight748 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edited byJames S. Nairne
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.