All listings for this product
Save on Audio Books
- AU $89.47Trending at AU $97.74
- AU $16.32Trending at AU $20.62
- AU $30.20Trending at AU $37.70
- AU $21.62Trending at AU $24.42
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $37.35
- AU $33.60Trending at AU $36.20
- AU $29.36Trending at AU $33.58
About this product
- DescriptionYou are a four-dimensional human.Each of us exists in three-dimensional physical space. But, as a constellation of everyday digital phemena rewires our lives, we are increasingly coaxed from the containment of our predigital selves into a wonderful and eerie fourth dimension, a world of ceaseless communication, instant information, and global connection.Our portals to this new world have been wedged open, and the silhouette of a figure is slowly taking shape. But what does it feel like to be four-dimensional? How do digital techlogies influence the rhythms of our thoughts, the style and tilt of our consciousness? What new sensitivities and sensibilities are emerging with our exposure to the delights, sorrows, and anxieties of a networked world? And how do we live in public with these recoded private lives?Laurence Scott―hailed as a New Generation Thinker by the Arts and Humanities Research Council and the BBC―shows how this four-dimensional life is dramatically changing us by redefining our social lives and extending the limits of our presence in the world. Blending tech philosophy with insights on everything from Seinfeld to the fall of Gaddafi, Scott stands with a rising generation of social critics hoping to understand our new reality. His virtuosic debut is a revelatory and original exploration of life in the digital age.
- Author(s)Laurence Scott
- PublisherBlackstone Audiobooks
- Date of Publication09/08/2016
- SubjectTechnology: General & Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBlackstone Audiobooks
- Read byMatthew Brenher
- Contained items statement8 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time575
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.