All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionIn Imamiyya theological circles the members of the household of the Holy Prophet (s) are referred to as the fourteen infallibles. Namely, the Prophet (s) himself, his daughter Fatima (as), his son-in-law Ali (as), then his grandsons Hassan (as) and Hussein (as) and the nine descendants from Hussein (as): Ali ibn Hussein (as), Muhammad ibn Ali (as), Ja'far ibn Muhammad (as), Musa ibn Ja'far (as), Ali ibn Musa (as), Muhammad ibn Ali (as), Ali ibn Muhammad (as), Hassan ibn Ali (as) and the Messiah kwn as al-Mahdi (ajfs). The principle aim of this examination is three-fold: The first reason we are going to dissect the biographies of each member of the household of the Prophet (s) is to apply their lessons in our life, because when we dissect the lives of these personalities we must ask ourselves, What of their lives over one thousand years ago affects our lives today in 2012? Which of their standpoints, which of their ethics, and which of their principles can relate to my standpoints, my ethics and my principles today? Which situations did they face in their life may I be facing in my life? When we come to dissect the lives of every one of these leaders, it should t just be a theoretical discussion about when they were born, or how many children they had, or whom they were married to. While that part of kwledge is important, what is equally important, and what should really be important, is a practical discussion that examines the way their lives can affect our lives. Which circumstances did they fall into which we may fall into as well? We find that the first of the important points in dissecting the biographies of these fourteen infallibles is that we want their lives to relate to ours.
- Author BiographyDr. Sayed Ammar Nakshawani is regarded as one of the most powerful speakers in the Muslim world. He was born in 1981 and graduated from the University College, London, as well as the London School of Economics. He was then awarded with an MA in Islamic Studies from Shahid Beheshti University in Iran. Dr. Nakshawani completed his PhD thesis at the University of Exeter. He has lectured at the university in Classical Islamic History and then pursued further studies at the Islamic Seminary in Damascus, Syria. Currently he is a visiting scholar at the Centre of Islamic Studies, University of Cambridge. He has written three books - Ramadan Sermons, The Fourteen Infallibles and Hujr b Adi: A Victim of Terror.His fourth book, in the French language, was released in August 2013 with a Foreword by Prof Tariq Ramadan on Islam and France today.
- Author(s)Sayed Ammar Nakshawani
- PublisherSun Behind the Cloud Publications
- Date of Publication01/11/2012
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationBirmingham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSun Behind the Cloud Publications
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight450 g
- Width156 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.