All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionBuddhism is about becoming enlightened about the true nature of the universe. This is also the objective of science. The difference between Buddhism and science is their starting points. Buddhism is based on the idea that consciousness is a fundamental property of the universe. Science, on the other hand, believes that consciousness cant be verified to exist. For a Buddhist this is an absurd idea. Verification is a conscious act. Uniquely, Buddhism describes a 'structure of consciousness' within which the various levels of one's personal experiences take place. It is based on conscious acts. This is why Buddhism is t a religion.
- Author BiographyThe author obtained a degree in Aeronautical Engineering from Imperial College, London. Moving on from the aeronautical industry, he became the editor and publisher of a national business journal. However, after spending time in a Zen Buddhist monastery he now enjoys buying and selling antiquarian maps. He has a daughter and grandson.
- Author(s)Jeffrey Sharp
- Date of Publication01/11/2011
- Place of PublicationScotts Valley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Note19 b/w diagrams
- Width153 mm
- Height230 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.