All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow does language work? What are the different elements? How do they all fit together? The Frameworks of English is a step-by-step guide through the various levels of language, describing the morphological, lexical, grammatical and phological frameworks of contemporary English in a clear and logical way. Beginning with words as the building blocks of language, it investigates their internal structure and shows how words can be combined into larger and larger units, from phrases to sentences and beyond. The sound system of language is explored, covering the production of individual sounds as well as the features of syllable structure and connected speech. The third edition of this popular textbook: * features a new chapter on how to approach accent and dialect variation in English throughout the world * includes both spoken and written examples of electronically mediated language * offers updated suggestions for further reading and research * contains an expanded glossary of linguistic termilogy to aid study With plenty of exercises and helpful cross-referencing The Frameworks of English covers everything that you need to kw about linguistic structures.
- Author BiographyKim Ballard is a freelance teacher, trainer and writer.
- Author(s)Kim Ballard
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication12/07/2013
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2001
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight632 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.82
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.