All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $36.89Trending at AU $46.18
About this product
- DescriptionFrancophone Literatures draws together extracts from vels written in French by writers from Francophone areas outside Europe. These areas include North Africa, Black Africa, the Caribbean and North America. The book includes the following features: * a general introduction, which outlines the rationale and purpose of the book * a literary and a linguistic commentary on each extract included * a separate bibliography accompanying each section * a glossary of linguistic terms. The above features enable students to contextualize the extracts, identify the key literary and linguistic features and political, social, and cultural themes, to embark on further study, and to achieve their own successful text analysis by means of the models provided. Unique in its analysis both of literary and linguistic techniques, Francophone Literatures is essential reading for students of Francophone studies.
- Author BiographyMalcolm Offord, Rosemary Chapman and Nicki Hitchcott all teach in the Department of French at the University of Nottingham, Sam Haigh is based at the Department of French at Warwich University and Laila Ibnlfassi at the Department of French at London Guildhall University. Offord has published widely in the field of French language studies.
- Author(s)Laila Ibnlfassi,M. H. Offord,Nicki Hitchcott,Rosemary Chapman,Sam Haigh,University of Nottingham,University of Warwick
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication12/04/2001
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 line drawing, bibliographies, glossary
- Weight521 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.