All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSeverely wounded in the Iraq war, Leroy has lived a half-life in a group home for eight years. Unable to bear it any longer, he commits a desperate act which helps him to disappear to ather place. Freddie is the night porter at the home, who works two jobs yet can't make ends meet. Buried in debt from his younger daughter's medical bills, he's forced to consider a criminal proposition. Pauline is the nurse who tends Leroy, who lives her life in an uncomplicated way, emotionally removed, until she meets a young runaway. An extraordinary portrait of contemporary America, and a testament to the resilience of the human heart, The Free is Willy Vlautin's most moving and affecting vel to date.
- Author BiographyWilly Vlautin is the prize-winning author of three acclaimed novels, The Motel Life (2005), Northline (2007) and Lean on Pete (2010), which was shortlisted for the IMPAC Prize. He is also the frontman of the band Richmond Fontaine, whose albums include 'Post to Wire' and 'Thirteen Cities'. Originally from Reno, he now lives in Portland, Oregon.
- Author(s)Willy Vlautin
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication05/03/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Weight225 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementMain
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $32.13
- AU $74.97Trending at AU $77.01
- AU $12.53Trending at AU $13.05
- AU $46.02Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $28.95Trending at AU $31.76
- AU $12.16Trending at AU $14.05
- AU $12.23Trending at AU $15.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.