All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.40
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.55
About this product
- DescriptionIf you've enjoyed reading our chess books, wait until you've seen what's on this CD! Everyman Chess are delighted to be able to provide you with The French Advance in a format ideal for computer viewing. This will enable you to link to all the chess games, commentary and text from the original book and replay, and interact with the moves easily onscreen. The Advance Variation is a popular and direct way of meeting the ultra-solid French Defence, and is a firm favourite amongst uncompromising Grandmasters such as Alexei Shirov, Nigel Short and Alexander Grischuk. In this work, Sam Collins explains the strategies and tactics of this dynamic opening. Through the use of model games for both White and Black, he provides a thorough grounding in the key plans and ideas, so that readers can quickly and confidently begin to use the French Advance in their own games. It is ideal for club and tournament players. It explains the basic elements, strategies and tactics for both sides. It provides everything you need to kw to start playing the opening straightaway.
- Author BiographySam Collins is a former Irish Champion and a Chess Olympiad gold medallist. Despite his young age, he already has a wealth of writing experience, being a regular columnist for CHESS, Chess Mail and Chess Today.
- Author(s)Sam Collins
- PublisherEveryman Chess
- Date of Publication15/01/2007
- SubjectHobbies, Pastimes & Indoor Games
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEveryman Chess
- Weight5 g
- Width133 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsWindows
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.