The French Don't Diet Plan: 10 Simple Steps to Stay Thin for Life by Dr William Clower (Paperback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $17.84Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $12.63Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWouldn't you rather savor a buttery croissant instead of inhaling an artificially flavored diet shake? Isn't taking a relaxing stroll preferable to pounding out early morning miles on the treadmill? The French live this way, yet stay thin and healthy. Now, with The French Don't Diet Plan, you can, too! In his groundbreaking book, The Fat Fallacy, Dr. Will Clower was the first to present a theory of how the French maintain low obesity and heart disease rates despite their seemingly -unhealthy- lifestyle. Dr. Clower learned that the French don't worry about dieting but rather are more concerned with how they eat. That means paying attention to the taste, pacing, and enjoyment of meals, instead of counting calories, cutting fat and carbs, or taking guilt trips to the gym. With The PATH, his revolutionary weight-loss plan, Dr. Clower has helped thousands of people lose weight, lower cholesterol, and increase energy. Now, in The French Don't Diet Plan, Dr. Clower shows how easy it is to incorporate his remarkably effective techniques and the French lifestyle into a busy American day. Dr. Clower has found that natural foods have overwhelmingly been pushed out of the American diet by what he calls -faux foods- processed, additive-filled convenience products, often marketed as healthy with buzzwords like low fat and low carb. In addition, mealtimes should be a slow, sensual break for the body and mind--t a face-stuffing frenzy while standing up in the kitchen or sitting behind the wheel. As a result of such habits, Dr. Clower says, we are t eating what our bodies need, and we're eating in a way that is t conducive to proper digestion. Science shows this precise combination of factors causes weight gain. The French approach is about taking the time to enjoy real food without guilt or deprivation. Not only a successful path to becoming thin for life, The French Don't Diet Plan will help you put joie de vivre back into your relationship with food. The Most Delicious and Decadent Way to Lose Weight - Formerly forbidden foods, welcome back! Learn why butter, cheese, bread, and chocolate are health foods that keep hunger at bay. . . . See Step 2. - Spend more time eating! Discover why you should plan on having seconds and make meals last longer. . . . See Step 5. - Hate to work out? Find out why you don't have to exercise to lose pounds--and how relaxation can help keep weight off for good. . . . See Step 10. - Now you're cooking. Enjoy dozens of easy recipes for satisfying comfort foods, from Hot Artichoke-Cheese Dip to Creamy Alfredo Sauce, and Double-Almond Biscotti to Practically Flourless Chocolate Cake. . . . See Easy Recipes for Fabulous Foods. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author BiographyDr. Will Clower is an award-winning neurophysiologist who spent two years as a research fellow at the Institute of Cognitive Sciences in Lyon, France. He is founder and president of Mediterranean Wellness, Inc., which administers The PATH Healthy Eating and Weight-Loss Curriculum adopted by corporate clients across the United States. He has been featured or quoted on the French lifestyle in print publications such as Marie Claire, Woman's World, and Fitness. Dr. Clower lives in Pittsburgh. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)Dr William Clower
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication26/12/2006
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThree Rivers Press
- Out-of-print date23/11/2015
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight282 g
- Width134 mm
- Height202 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $37.91
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $25.08Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.84Trending at AU $28.46
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.