Save on Fiction Books
- AU $52.63Trending at AU $53.55
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.69
- AU $89.19Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $24.72
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.25
About this product
- DescriptionAmazon's Breakthrough Novel Award contest Quarter-Finalist! Amid the sweeping horrors of war, personal dreams are too often sacrificed. The French Girl's War, the coming-of-age journey of a motherless Jewish girl caught in the chaos of World War II, hors those that dare to hope during such a time. Young Sophie Claveaux, burdened by a curse that threatens her loved ones, plans to leave her farm to study art in Paris. But when Germany invades Poland, France declares war and her father joins the French army. Her dreams dashed, Sophie is sent to stay with her grandmother, where her father thinks she'll be safe. Throughout her journey, Sophie meets both inspiring and threatening characters, teaching her that all things come in twos-and that place is safe in a world torn by war. To survive, Sophie must face very real enemies and conquer her own insidious fears. Many around her doubt anything good can ever happen again, forcing her to decide if she will join the mourners or seek the hope that eludes her. A story of family relationships, personal courage, and new love, The French Girl's War connects the reader to the larger story of World War II through the riveting tale of one young woman.
- Author BiographyHerb Williams-Dalgart is an award-winning novelist, screenwriter, and blogger based in California, where he lives with his wife, their children, and the family dog. The grandson of a Word War II veteran, Williams-Dalgart grew up with a fascination for that time period. Pairing his interest in that era with his love of travel-with a particular fondness for France-he was inspired to write the historical novel, The French Girl's War. A Quarter-Finalist in Amazon's Breakthrough Novel Award contest, it is the tale of a young Jewish woman who sets out to change her fate amid the chaos and destruction of World War II.
- Author(s)Herb Williams-Dalgart
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication05/03/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight358 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.