All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.89
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.36
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents ten selections from the most important scholarship on the French Revolution over the past quarter century, introduced and contextualized for student readers.Historians typically categorize the historiography of the French Revolution according to each author's approval or disapproval of the Revolution, political agenda (for example Marxist, liberal, conservative, or feminist), or methodology (for example social, political, or cultural history). This book demonstrates the inadequacy of these categories of analysis for a nuanced understanding of the Revolution and emphasizes the surprising connections between historians typically seen simply as opponents in a debate. In its thorough introduction, The French Revolution: The Essential Readings demonstrates the success of an eclectic, interdisciplinary approach to this central period in modern European history and the larger relevance of the historiography to the humanities more generally.
- Author BiographyRonald Schechter is Assistant Professor of History at the College of William and Mary, Virginia.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication21/12/2000
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleBlackwell Essential Readings in History
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight630 g
- Width160 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Edited byRonald Schechter
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.