All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe French-Speaking World is an accessible textbook that offers students the opportunity to explore for themselves a wide range of sociolinguistic issues relating to the French language and its role in the world. This new edition has been fully revised to reflect the many political and social changes of the last 15 years, including the impact of techlogy on language change. It continues to combine text with practical exercises and discussion questions to stimulate readers to think for themselves and to tackle specific problems. Key features of this book: * Informative and comprehensive: covers a wide range of current issues * Practical: contains a variety of graded exercises and tasks plus an index of terms * Topical and contemporary: deals with current situations and provides up-to-date illustrative material * Thought-provoking: encourages students to reflect and research for themselves The French-Speaking World is the ideal textbook for undergraduate students who have a sound practical kwledge of French but who have little or kwledge of linguistics or sociolinguistics.
- Author BiographyDawn Marley is Senior Teaching Fellow in French at the University of Surrey Rodney Ball was previously Senior Lecturer at Southampton University.
- Author(s)Dawn Marley,Rodney Ball
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication30/08/2016
- Series TitleRoutledge Language in Society
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note12 black & white tables, 8 black & white line drawings
- Weight350 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.22
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.93
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.