CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.56
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.45
About this product
- DescriptionThe threat of deteriorating habitats and a loss of biodiversity make this reference work on the freshwater fishes of British Columbia more necessary than ever before. Eighty-one comprehensive species accounts aid accurate identification and consist of an illustration, the scientific and common names of the fish, its distinguishing characteristics, taxomic comments, geographic distribution, a life-history summary, a habitat-use summary, and conservation comments. The book is a critical resource for biologists, naturalists, management and conservation officers, anglers, and members of the public who are concerned about our natural heritage.
- Author BiographyJ.D. McPhail is professor emeritus of the Native Fish Research Group in the Department of Zoology at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver.
- Author(s)J.D McPhail
- PublisherUniversity of Alberta Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2006
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationAlberta
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Alberta Press
- Content Noteb/w illus & maps
- Weight850 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Illustrator(s)D. L. McPhail
- Foreword byJoseph S. Nelson
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.