Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.53
- AU $92.82Trending at AU $103.78
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.72
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $41.02Trending at AU $43.51
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $22.71
- AU $27.95Trending at AU $29.68
About this product
- Description'A perfect gift for anyone who can remember the 60s or aches to live in a world of red lips and hourglass curves.' The Australian Women's Weekly Sydney. 1963. Women wear princess-line dresses, edge-to-edge duster coats, gloves, perfectly matched handbags and shoes and seamed stockings. They are defined by the vital statistics of their bust, waist and hip measurements and if they are over thirty they're over the hill. Kings Cross is bohemian, Paddington is pre-gentrified and the crowd at Beppi's and the Ozone charge their boozy lunches to job numbers. At the advertising agency Bofinger Adams Rawson & Keane, two talented women hold important creative roles. One, Bea, is a copywriter. The other, Desi, is a television producer. Because they are successful in their work and rewarded by it, few of their colleagues kw how adept they are at mismanaging their private lives. Anxious to join this starred twosome is a young secretary named Stella, who embodies all the qualities for success - ambition, dedication, energy, efficiency - except creative talent. In its absence she relies on stealth, flattery and plagiarism, to walk, in her Jane Debster toe-peepers, all over the others in realising her ambition. She succeeds. At least, for a while. The Freudian Slip is a deliciously witty vel about three very different women, all trying to make their way in a man's world. The equally delicious sequel One More Slip is w also available.
- Author BiographyBorn in Sydney, Marion von Adlerstein worked as an advertising copywriter in Melbourne, London and New York in the fifties and sixties. Between 1976 and 1998 she held several posts with Vogue Australia publications, including Travel Director. During those years Marion wrote about many subjects, including fashion, beauty and interiors. She is the author of the non-fiction guides The Passionate Shopper (Penguin) and The Penguin Book of Etiquette and the novels The Freudian Slip and One More Slip.
- Author(s)Marion Von Adlerstein
- PublisherHachette Australia
- Date of Publication18/12/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintHachette Australia
- Weight332 g
- Width128 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.