All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the author of 700 Places to Volunteer Before You Die: A Traveler's Guide! Do you ever ask yourself if you could be exploring the world? Is there a way? Traveling the globe, immersing into other cultures is t a privilege reserved solely for the rich. The Frugal Volunteer is designed to opening up a world of possibilities for all travelers with an adventurous spirit and giving heart. The Frugal Volunteer is t sprinkled with trite page-fill, but is jam-packed with nearly 500 pages of pure information and motivation for the budget conscious traveler! Save countless hours of research finding & comparing budget-friendly programs Plan your journey by viewing hundreds of volunteer opportunities in one convenient place Plan your route with financially-savvy projects listed by region and country Get advice on getting the most from the experience and from your wallet Discover additional resources for affordable give back travel Chapters Include: Introduction: Short and Long-Term Budget Friendly Travel Defining Budget-Friendly Volunteering Before: Selecting a Volunteer Project During: Your Volunteer Assignment After: The Ambassador Effect Squeezing Every Penny from You Experience The Budget-Savvy Guide - Featuring 400 pages of detailed program descriptions of the world's more affordable volunteer opportunities Additional Resources for all your budget travel needs From fee-free to budget-savvy and all inclusive opportunities around the world, The Frugal Volunteer is the must have book for people who want more out of their travel! Unearth the most affordable opportunities for give back travelers. Discover how you can serve around the globe without breaking the bank, all while immersing into new worlds and returning home with a new perspective on life.
- Author BiographyIn a nutshell, Nola Lee Kelsey is: The author of ten books, most with a focus on philanthropic travel The contributing author to enough titles that she has lost count A freelance journalist The Primary Blogger at ZoQuest Explorer Very tired Outside of a nutshell, Nola Lee Kelsey is: Just a gal trying to find a way to make a living at what she loves to do. Beyond that, Kelsey is a zoologist, serial volunteer and disturbingly obsessed with traveling the world. As a bonus, she becomes utterly nauseous at the notion of being a time-clock punching employee housed inside a cubical. This delightful combination of personality quirks left her two options in life. She could be unemployed and broke or be a writer and broke. Kelsey opted for the latter. With little money to travel on for now, Kelsey has channeled her infrequent flyer frustrations into a worthy outlet. From her home in Chiang Mai, Thailand she has cultivated the fine art of collecting massive quantities of data and beating it mercilessly into book form, bringing her personal obsessions to the world. Her books and articles on volunteer travel are the children of this singular focus. It is Kelsey's express hope to inspire other travelers to discover the joy of volunteering as an intelligent option for seeing the world. She believes travel must have a purpose in order to be truly fulfilling. In addition, one of her biggest thrills in life now comes from providing the opportunity for small NGOs/non-profits around the globe to showcase their volunteer needs alongside the larger programs. Only in this way can she truly help to connect the right traveler to the right volunteer opportunity and in some small way be of even more service herself. All this interviewing of volunteer project hosts along with researching, collecting, molding and refining data - over and over again - has resulted in making Nola Lee Kelsey a leading expert on the diverse world of volunteer programs available.
- Author(s)MS Nola Lee Kelsey
- PublisherDog's Eye View Emedia
- Date of Publication28/01/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDog's Eye View Emedia
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight612 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.