All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $168.19
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $105.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.30
About this product
- DescriptionBrian Young is the creator of powerful, sometimes harsh poems that combine outrage with remarkable lyricism, brooding melancholy with rich, sensual, even playful language. Young's work is difficult, in the sense that it rejects reductive prettiness, and at times threatening and full of moral anger against whatever is toxic in our environment and our culture. Yet it is never less than compelling, even alluring, in the wealth of its imagery and the force of Young's authentic and original voice. This is poetry for a new millennium, poetry that dares to look at what is ugliest and most frightening in our contemporary world and still ackwledge the powerful consolations of language, of hope, of love.
- Author BiographyBrian Young is the recipient of fellowships from the Arizona Commission on the Arts, the Iowa Writers' Workshop, and the National Endowment for the Arts. In addition to teaching at the University of lowa, he has taught at the University of Utah and at a small university in South Korea. He currently lives in Chicago.
- PublisherUniversity of Nevada Press
- Date of Publication28/02/2003
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationReno
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Nevada Press
- Weight132 g
- Width127 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine9 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.