All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.52
- AU $32.89Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.32
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.67
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $51.80
- AU $41.91Trending at AU $52.43
About this product
- DescriptionEverybody has a god - No exceptions - Everybody does. Everybody has to, because everybody must appeal to some authority to decide what is real and what is t real in order to make sense out of life. Everybody must attribute his origin to something, and everybody has to have some purpose in life. Everybody has an opinion about what is wrong with things in the world. And everybody has some idea of how to find safety from what is bad. Each one of these functions of deity requires us to make an un-provable assumption, a faith-based statement that goes beyond the sphere of science into the realm of religion and philosophy. Therefore I attribute these four functions to deity.
- Author BiographyNate Wilson grew up in Birmingham, AL, as a preacher's kid in a large and growing church. He met his wife, Paula, while attending Covenant College, where he got a B.A. in the Inter-disciplinary studies of Math, Physics, and Missions. Nate spent the next 15 years taking various States-side roles in support of international missionary work, first with the Student Foreign Missions Fellowship, then with Caleb Project (a research and education group focused on unreached people groups), and later with The TentMaker Project (a Church-based economic development agency focused on Uganda). During this time, Nate completed a M.Div. degree from Sangre de Cristo Seminary with a focus on Greek and Hebrew exegesis and began self-publishing commentaries on books of the Bible. In 2006, Nate began helping a group of families to organize a new church in Manhattan, KS. Over the years, God has given Nate and Paula 11 children, and they enjoy eating good food, playing music, and singing together as a family.
- Author(s)Nate Wilson
- Date of Publication13/12/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight222 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.