All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis work, the text of Martin Heidegger's lecture course of 1929/30, should be extremely valuable for an understanding of Heidegger's transition from the major work of his early years, Being and Time , to his later preoccupations with language, truth, and history. First published in German in 1983 as volume 29/30 of Heidegger's collected works, The Fundamental Concepts of Metaphysics includes an extended treatment of the history of metaphysics and an elaboration of the philosophy of life and nature. Heidegger's concepts of organism, animal behaviour, and environment are developed and defined with intensity.
- Author BiographyWilliam McNeill is Associate Professor of Philosophy at DePaul University. He is co-translator (with Julia Davis) of Holderlin's Hymn The Ister by Martin Heidegger.Nicholas Walker is Research Fellow in philosophy and literature at Magdalene College, Cambridge.
- Author(s)Martin Heidegger
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication22/02/2001
- Series TitleStudies in Continental Thought
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Weight572 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Translated byWilliam H. McNeill,Nicholas Walker
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.00Trending at AU $19.18
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.37
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.