All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEssential reading for all studying horticulture and keen gardeners. This clear introduction to the principles underlying the practical applications of horticulture opens up the excitement of growing plants and garden development without readers wading through complex information. Written by a team of highly motivated and experienced horticultural tutors, the text supports the newly restructured RHS Level 2 qualifications with related Level 3 topics in boxes and signposting to Level 4 topics, together with other horticultural qualifications at these levels. Full colour images tied closely to the text and practical case study boxes inspire readers by making topics relevant to their own horticultural experiences. A comprehensive glossary helps build confidence in the use of classical horticulture language as well as new developing terms, and end-of-chapter questions encourage readers to apply what they have learnt. Extensive online supporting material includes mind maps showing the relationship of topics and aiding students in revision.
- Author BiographyChris Bird has over twenty-five years of horticultural teaching experience in guiding learners through the complete suite of Royal Horticultural Society (RHS) qualifications, together with other horticultural qualifications including the BTEC National Diploma and City and Guilds Subsidiary, Diploma and Extended Diploma. He has co-ordinated Sparsholt College's Chelsea Flower Show educational gardens for the past fourteen years, winning fourteen RHS show medals, including five at gold level, and has written articles for a number of gardening magazines.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication24/04/2014
- SubjectAgriculture & Farming
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note304 colour illus. 65 tables
- Weight1410 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byChris Bird
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.