All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Fundamentals of Illustration 2nd Edition by Lawrence Zeegen introduces students to the subject of illustration, taking them through the key skills and practical processes required for the study of this exciting degree course. This edition has been updated with a wealth of fresh visuals and contemporary case studies. It includes new and revised content and examples that reflect the changes and developments in the discipline over the past few years. Current visual approaches are examined and evaluated, along with new chapters on visual thinking, idea generation and the illustrator as an artist. A chapter on the professional practice of a freelance designer helps students to understand the realities of this creative career path. Each chapter concludes with a case study, which outlines a brief and then describes each stage of the process, from the illustrator's initial response to the completion of the project. The case studies feature the work of: John Clementson, Tim Vyner, Olivier Kugler, Damian Gascoigne, Ben Kelly and Howard Read. The book also contains a series of interviews with practising illustrators such as Autumn Whitehurst, Stina Persson and Anthony Burrill.
- Author BiographyLawrence Zeegen is an illustrator, educator and writer. Illustrating since graduating from the Royal College of Art, his clients include major international newspapers and magazines, book publishers, design companies and advertising agencies. He is currently Head of School for the School of Communication Design at Kingston University where he leads undergraduate and postgraduate courses in animation, film-making, graphic design, illustration and screen design for film and TV.
- Author(s)Lawrence Zeegen,Louise Fenton
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication03/09/2012
- SubjectThe Arts: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleFundamentals
- Place of PublicationLausanne
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintAVA Publishing SA
- Content Note200 colour illus
- Weight682 g
- Width200 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.06
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.78
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.44
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.49
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.41
- AU $30.84Trending at AU $33.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.