All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe heart of the book is an overview of Pourny's favourite techniques - ceruse, vernis anglais, and water gilding, among many others - with full-colour step-by-step photographs to ensure that readers can easily replicate each refinishing technique at home. Pourny brings these techniques to life with a chapter devoted to real-world refinishing projects, from a veneered table to an ebonized desk, a gilt frame to a painted rthern European hutch. Rounding out this comprehensive guide is care and maintenance information, including how to properly clean leather, polish hardware, fix a broken leg, andreplace felt pads, as well as recipes to make your own wax, shellac, varnish, stain, and more.
- Author BiographyChristophe Pourny is one of the most esteemed furniture restorers in the business. Descended from a long line of artisans, he was reared in his father's atelier in the South of France and apprenticed at his uncle Pierre Madel's legendary antiques shop on rue Jacob in Paris. Today, Pourny restores furniture out of his own atelier in Brooklyn, New York.
- Author(s)Christophe Pourny
- Date of Publication06/10/2014
- SubjectHouse & Home
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintArtisan Division of Workman Publishing
- Content Noteover 500 colour photographs & illustrations throughout
- Weight1179 g
- Width197 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.