Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $41.94Trending at AU $81.96
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.30
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.11
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.15
- AU $56.16Trending at AU $56.92
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.32
About this product
- DescriptionThe oeuvre of the American designer couple Charles and Ray Eames is extraordinary in its range and diversity. Their groundbreaking furniture designs, which have remained current throughout the decades since their creation, play a central role in the Eames' oeuvre. As the sole authorized manufacturer of Eames designs in Europe and the Middle East for the past 50 years, Vitra is commemorating Charles Eames' 100th birthday with the publication of The Furniture of Charles & Ray Eames. Grouped into categories based on materials such as plywood, plastic, wire and aluminum, all of the Eames designs produced by Vitra are presented in detail. Reproductions of vintage photographs and documents accompany explanatory texts that provide in-depth information on the historical background and distinctive structural features of the furniture designs. Contemporary photographs illustrate the aesthetic quality of these objects. The active preservation of Charles and Ray Eames' legacy is the subject of a dialogue between Rolf Fehlbaum, the Chairman of Vitra, and Charles' grandson Eames Demetrios, the present director of the Eames Office.
- PublisherVitra Design Museum
- Date of Publication15/09/2007
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintVitra Design Museum
- Content NoteIllustrations (chiefly col.)
- Weight1066 g
- Width270 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.