All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.02
About this product
- DescriptionThe Future of Higher Education coursebook comprehensively explores policy, pedagogy and the student experience. The Future of Higher Education explores policy, pedagogy and the student experience at a conceptual level, enabling university staff to place their own work within a wider theoretical framework and to develop their own understandings of some of the key controversies that surround teaching and learning in higher education.The book is divided into three parts: part 1 explores key policies that have shaped higher education since the late twentieth century, and traces the impact that these policies have had on the extent and nature of higher education provision; part 2 explores how these emerging policies, and the need for higher education institutions to respond to them, have produced a radical reevaluation of what higher education is and how it might best be delivered at an institutional level; and, part 3 gives consideration to pedagogy and the student experience in contemporary higher education. The Future of Higher Education will be invaluable to all university staff, especially those following the PGCertHE and other programmes within institutional CPD frameworks. It will also be of interest to researchers in this field.
- Author BiographyProfessor Les Bell is Emeritus Professor of Educational Management at the School of Education, University of Leicester and Professor of Educational Leadership at the University of Lincoln. Dr Howard Stevenson is now Deputy Director of the Centre for Educational Research and Development at the University of Lincoln. Professor Mike Neary is Professor and Dean of Teaching and Learning at Lincoln University, and Director of the University's Centre for Educational Research and Development.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication11/03/2009
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Weight299 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Edited byHoward Stevenson,Les Bell,Michael Neary
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.