All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
About this product
- DescriptionThe Future of Mental Health drills to the heart of the current mental health crisis, where hundreds of millions of individuals worldwide receive unwarranted mental disorder diagses. It paints a picture of how mental health providers can improve their practices to better serve individuals in distress and outlines necessary steps for a mental health revolution. Eric Maisel's goal is to inject more human interaction into the therapeutic process. Maisel powerfully deconstructs the mental disorder paradigm that is the foundation of current mental health practices. The author presents a revolutionary alternative, a human experience paradigm. He sheds a bright light on the differences between so-called psychiatric medication and mere chemicals with powerful effects, explains why the DSM-5 is silent on causes, silent on treatment, and wedded to illegitimate symptom pictures. Maisel describes powerful helping alternatives like communities of care, and explains why one day human experience specialists may replace current mental health professionals. An important book for both service providers and service users, The Future of Mental Health brilliantly unmasks current mental health practices and goes an important step further: it describes what we are obliged to do in order to secure better mental health services-and better mental health-for everyone.
- Author BiographyEric Maisel, an American psychotherapist, writes the Rethinking Psychology column for Psychology Today and leads workshops nationally and internationally. He is the author of more than forty books.
- Author(s)Eric Maisel
- PublisherTransaction Publishers
- Date of Publication30/12/2015
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationSomerset, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTransaction Publishers
- Weight525 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.