All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.55
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
About this product
- DescriptionFor many the GWR was synymous with holidays by the sea in the West Country, but it was built to serve as a fast railway line to London, especially for the merchants and financiers of Bristol. Its operations stretched as far as Merseyside, it provided most services in Wales, and it was the main line to Cardiff, Bristol, Cornwall and Birmingham. This book, a classic first published in 2006, reveals the equipment, stations, network, shipping and air services, bus operations including Western National, and overall reach and history of the GWR. Forming part of a series, along with The LMS Handbook, The LNER Handbook and The Southern Railway Handbook, this new edition provides an authoritative and highly detailed reference of information about the GWR.
- Author Biography<b>David Wragg</b> has written many books on railway, aviation, and defense subjects, including <i>Wartime on the Railways</i>, <i>The Southern Railway Story</i>, <i>The LMS Story</i>, <i> The LNER Story, </i> and <i>The GWR Story</i> for The History Press. He has also written on these subjects for the<i> Sunday Telegraph</i>, the <i>Spectator, </i> and the <i>Scotsman</i>. He lives near Edinburgh.
- Author(s)David Wragg
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication25/05/2016
- SubjectTrains & Railways: General Interest
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content Note150
- Weight612 g
- Width172 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.