All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
About this product
- DescriptionIn 2008, the United States stood poised to possibly elect its first African American president. This fact, coupled with the ecomic and political climate of the nation, galvanized young voters and led to one of the highest youth voter turut rates in history. The renewed enthusiasm of young voters creates a unique situation in the United States, as the current level of political excitement and voting efficacy of this age bracket can be used to benefit future presidential, state, and local elections. In The Galvanization of the Young Vote in the 2008 Presidential Election, Starks explores the factors that led to a surge in youth voting and outlines strategies for political parties to continue attracting young voters to the polls.
- Author BiographyDr. Glenn L. Starks holds a Ph.D. in public policy and administration from the Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond, Virginia. He has approximately twenty years of federal service, and has published books and articles on leadership, disaster relief, affirmative action, supply chain management, and strategic planning in the public organizations.
- Author(s)Glenn L. Starks
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication11/11/2009
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables
- Weight145 g
- Width155 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.