All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.93
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a selection of one hundred mountaineering articles, poems, reviews, short stories, essays, polemical tracts. It is a 2005 revised edition - out of print since 2004 (under isbn 1898573018). Games Climbers Play captures the joie de vivre that attends genuinely adventurous climbing while never loosing sight of the deadly serious game that it can become. Most entries are drawn from magazines and journals and these lend Games an immediacy t found in more scholarly selections. Nevertheless it collects many fine essays and these are spiced with a plethora of light-hearted and humorous items, plus some fiction, some poetry, and a number of polemical and philosophical tracts. Sheridan Anderson's cartoons puncture any hints of pomposity to complete a rabelaisian selection designed to provoke, entertain and inspire.
- PublisherBaton Wicks Publications
- Date of Publication01/12/2005
- SubjectWalking / Hiking & Activity Maps & Guides
- Place of PublicationMacclesfield
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBaton Wicks Publications
- Content Note10 b&w photographs and 23 cartoons
- Width155 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edition StatementRevised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.