CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.46Trending at AU $32.16
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $85.49
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $31.65
- AU $46.02Trending at AU $53.17
- AU $12.66Trending at AU $13.10
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.86
- AU $30.89Trending at AU $31.62
About this product
- DescriptionThis humour-tinged romantic adventure follows the experiences of a young Scottish veterinary student called Doogie O'Mara, who takes a year off his studies 'to get his head together' following the death of his parents, but also to escape the claustrophobic influence of the daughter of his elderly home-town vet, who assumes that Doogie will t only become his partner, but his daughter's as well! Doogie sets out to start a job as a tour rep in Africa, with hopes of finding time to study the wildlife too. Instead, he finds himself on the Spanish island of Mallorca, thust in at the deep end of the madcap package tour business - a hapless fish out of water, for whom the nearest thing to wildlife appears to be the hordes of rowdy holidaymakers pouring off the gannets (charter planes) from the UK.He is taken under the wing of Angie, a world-weary rep who's taken all the kcks and has a fatherless toddler to prove it, and is befriended by Catalina, a pretty young Mallorcan girl working for the same tour company, but from a country background similar to Doogie's own. The outlook gets better still when Angie is posted to Ibiza and leaves Doogie her flat and her little car. Unfortunately, she also leaves her toddler in the care of her dotty old neighbour, to whom Doogie is w living next door. Problems are bound to arise, and they do, with Doogie right in the middle of them! Despite everything, however, his relationship with Catalina develops, and when the time finally comes for him to leave the island, Doogie must decide if there may be more to life than a secure, though potentially claustrophobic, career as a vet back in Scotland.
- Author BiographyPeter Kerr is Scotland's bestselling travel writer - author of Snowball Oranges, Manana, Manana, Thistle Soup, Viva Mallorca! and his latest A Basketful of Snowflakes. Peter's bestselling books, written with warmth, gutsy style and humour, are sold worldwide and have been translated into several languages.
- Author(s)Peter Kerr
- PublisherAccent Press Ltd
- Date of Publication21/07/2008
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationPembroke Dock
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAccent Press Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight200 g
- Width110 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.