All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat begins as a straightforward holiday weekend for Sir Edward Leithen in a splendid stately home in the Cotswolds soon turns into something altogether different when one of Lady Flambard's other guests, the enigmatic Professor Moe, enlists the help of Leithen and his companions in a bizarre experiment to glimpse the future. For those who take part, the consequences are dramatic and Leithen's formidable powers of reasoning are brought to the fore.
- Author BiographyJohn Buchan was a Scottish diplomat, barrister, journalist, historian, poet and novelist. He published nearly thirty novels and seven collections of short stories. He was born in Perth, an eldest son, and studied at Glasgow and Oxford. In 1901 he became a barrister of the Middle Temple and a private secretary to the High Commissioner for South Africa. In 1907 he married Susan Charlotte Grosvenor and they subsequently had four children. After spells as a war correspondent, Lloyd George's Director of Information and Conservative MP, Buchan moved to Canada in 1935 where he served as Governor General until his death in 1940.
- Author(s)John Buchan
- PublisherBirlinn General
- Date of Publication18/06/2012
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolygon An Imprint of Birlinn Limited
- Content Noteill
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.60
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.88
- AU $67.16Trending at AU $74.80
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.70
- AU $41.18Trending at AU $43.25
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.48
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.