All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA reference guide to historical sources for over 200 Devon gardens. It also provides an introduction for would-be garden historians on how to conduct garden research. The book is the result of an exploration of the archival resources of Devon's garden history; the objective being to provide signposts to research material for those interested in the development of Devon's gardens. Each entry begins with a brief section describing the garden's history, amplified by quotations from contemporary travellers and diarists; following the descriptive sections are listings of documents, printed sources and illustrations relating to the garden. The greater part of this material is unkwn to garden historians.
- Author BiographyTodd Gray is a Leverhulme Research Fellow at the Centre for Maritime Historical Studies, University of Exeter. He is a specialist on Tudor and Stuart Devon.
- Author(s)Todd Gray
- PublisherUniversity of Exeter Press
- Date of Publication01/05/1995
- Place of PublicationExeter
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintUniversity of Exeter Press
- Content Note60 halftones
- Weight478 g
- Width145 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.