All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $27.08Trending at AU $27.49
- AU $11.52Trending at AU $12.78
- AU $41.61Trending at AU $46.55
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.59
- AU $12.50Trending at AU $13.20
- AU $18.53Trending at AU $25.79
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $35.59
About this product
- DescriptionA beautiful and haunting vel; longlisted for the Man Booker Prize 2012. Malaya, 1949. After a career spent helping to prosecute Japanese war criminals, Yun Ling Teoh, herself the scarred lone survivor of a brutal Japanese wartime camp, seeks solace among the jungle fringed plantations of Northern Malaya. There she meets the enigmatic Aritomo, exiled former gardener of the Emperor of Japan. Yun Ling asks Aritomo to create a garden in memory of her sister. But the Garden of Evening Mists is also a place of mystery, and the jungle holds secrets of its own - The Garden of Evening Mists deals with Malaysia's turbulent road to independence, a time of insurrection, uncertainty and terror. This recording is unabridged. Typically abridged audiobooks are t more than 60% of the author's work and as low as 30% with characters and plotlines removed.
- PrizesShortlisted for Man Asian Literary Prize 2012 and Man Booker Prize for Fiction 2012.
- Author(s)Tan Twan Eng
- PublisherW F Howes Ltd
- Date of Publication17/09/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationRearsby
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWhole Story Audio Books
- Read byAnna Bentinck
- Contained items statement14 Audio CDs
- Edition StatementUnabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.