Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.71
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.18
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.10
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $83.35
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $13.31Trending at AU $15.81
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $19.63
About this product
- DescriptionWith selections grown from the fertile imaginations of the twentieth century's most remarkable authors, editor and writer Michele Slung has assembled an evocative anthology of short stories about gardens and all that grow in them. The gardeners here are young and old, male and female, and the gardens themselves are a delightful mix of the formal and the wild. The twenty-four stories told in The Garden of Reading comprise a diverse and unexpected collection, but one that stays true to its theme. Included are Colette's sensuous 'Grape Harvest,' David Guterson's poignant 'The Flower Garden,' J.G. Ballard's otherworldy 'The Garden of Time,' and Stephen King's sinister 'The Lawnmower Man' - as well as classics from Saki and Robert Graves. If you've ever nurtured a flower, a tomato plant, or a gleam of imagination, then there's something in The Garden of Reading that is sure to delight.
- Author BiographyMichele Slung is an editor and reviewer whose books include Momilies: As My Mother Used to Say and the anthologies Crime on Her Mind: Fifteen Stories of Female Sleuths from the Victorian Era to the Forties, Murder & Other Acts of Literature, and Slow Hand: Women Writing Erotica. She divides her time between New York City and Woodstock, New York.
- Author(s)Michele B. Slung
- PublisherDuckworth Overlook
- Date of Publication24/05/2012
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGerald Duckworth & Co Ltd
- Width128 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.