All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.88
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.15
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.21
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.08
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.20
- AU $30.32Trending at AU $31.91
About this product
- DescriptionThe Gateless Gate of Zen is a traditional collection of stories and essays, called koans, that were used by the ancient priests to teach Zen to their students. It contains the complete comments and verses of the original Chinese Zen masters from the 1228 edition, w in modern language. The Gateless Gate deepens Zen understanding and helps bring the experience of Zen inspiration and clarity into your daily life. Its recurring theme is the attainment of satori, a mental awakening and state of clarity equivalent to epiphany, Tao, prajna, and spiritual enlightenment. The Gateless Gate of Zen also contains guidelines to understanding the koans, a psychological explanation of spiritual enlightenment, and instructions for Zen meditation. It reveals the personalities of the famous Zen masters through their own words and teachings, explaining basic Buddhist ideology and Chinese history essential for understanding the koans. If you are interested in the rich heritage of Zen, Eastern philosophy, comparative religion, spiritual growth, meditation, Chinese history, and Oriental culture, you will reap the wealth contained in The Gateless Gate of Zen. This is an exciting journey of understanding and enlightenment. Let's begin it together, w!
- Author BiographyWes Burgess, M.D., Ph.D. trained at Stanford University and taught at Stanford University, UCLA, and the University of California, Davis. He is the author of The Tao Te Ching by Lao Tse, Calm Your Mind, Be Enlightened! A Guidebook to the Tao Te Ching & Taoist Meditation, and numerous books on modern mental health. He won the Purdue Literary Award, the Mead Johnson Award for Excellence in Writing, and the Southern California Psychiatric Association Award for his publications, and he has appeared on National Public Radio, television, and in films.
- Author(s)Wes Burgess MD Phd
- Date of Publication27/04/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight281 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.