Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $13.00Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by cta6502
- Est. delivery by 2 Nov
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWinner of the Man Booker Prize. The nine surviving children of the Hegarty clan gather in Dublin for the wake of their wayward brother Liam. It wasn't the drink that killed him - although that certainly helped - it was what happened to him as a boy in his grandmother's house, in the winter of 1968. The Gathering is a vel about love and disappointment, about thwarted lust and limitless desire, and how our fate is written in the body, t in the stars.
- Author BiographyAnne Enright was born in Dublin, where she now lives and works. She has published two collection of stories, collected as Yesterday's Weather, one book of non-fiction, Making Babies, and five novels, including The Gathering, which was the Irish Novel of the Year, and won the Irish Fiction Award and the 2007 Man Booker Prize, and The Forgotten Waltz, which was awarded the Andrew Carnegie Medal for Excellence in Fiction. She is the inaugural Laureate for Irish Fiction.
- PrizesWinner of Hughes & Hughes Irish Novel of the Year Award 2008 and Man Booker Prize for Fiction 2007. Shortlisted for International IMPAC Dublin Literary Award 2009 and Irish Book Awards: RTE Radio 1's The Tubridy Show Listeners' Choice Award 2008 and Independent Booksellers' Week Book of the Year Award: Adults' Book of the Year 2008.
- Author(s)Anne Enright
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication05/01/2008
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight192 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $14.24Trending at AU $14.43
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $13.80
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.13
- AU $14.94Trending at AU $19.85
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.07
- AU $19.23Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $19.94Trending at AU $23.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.