All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGender and Realism in Plays and Performances by Women addresses gender issues and the creating of gender in contemporary theatre (1970s-1990s) by British and American women. This book's foci are the biological-essentialism vision of the gender category, Woman, as well as the deconstruction of gender as presented in plays and performance art by women. Artists discussed include Beth Henley, Sarah Daniels, Pam Gems, Jane Chambers, Peggy Shaw, and Holly Hughes.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Leslie Crawford Hurley is Assistant Professor of English at Bronx Community College, The City University of New York. She received her Ph.D. in comparative literature from the College at Stony Brook, The State University of New York. She is currently researching a project on the relationship between drama and film.
- Author(s)Leslie Crawford Hurley
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleAmerican University Studies Series 27: Feminist Studies
- Series Part/Volume Number7
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Out-of-print date13/12/2011
- Weight200 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $39.56Trending at AU $42.72
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.