All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $43.32
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.14
- AU $14.48Trending at AU $22.58
- AU $43.27Trending at AU $48.83
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.68
- AU $19.47Trending at AU $25.83
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.24
About this product
- DescriptionExcluded from the ranks of elite executive decision-makers for generations, women are w exercising power as chiefs of government and chiefs of state. As of April 2016, 112 women in 73 countries have served as presidents or prime ministers. The Gendered Executive is a critical examination of national executives, focusing on matters of identity, representation, and power. The editors and contributors to this volume address the impact of female executives through political mobilization and participation, policy- and decision-making, and institutional change. Other topics include party mination processes, the intersectionality of race and gender, and women-centered U.S. foreign policy in southern Africa. In addition, case studies from Chile, India, Portugal, and the United States are presented, as are cross-national comparisons of women leaders in Latin America. The Gendered Executive will enhance our understanding of the complexity of gender in and comparative analyses of executive politics.Contributors include: Amy C. Alexander, Sheetal Chhabria, Georgia Duerst-Lahti, Maria C. Escobar-Lemmon, Cory Charles Gooding, Lilly Goren, Karen M. Hult, Farida Jalalzai, Daniela F. Melo, Catherine Reyes-Housholder, Ariella R. Rotramel, Leslie A. Schwindt-Bayer, Michelle M. Taylor-Robinson, and the editors
- Author BiographyJanet M. Martin is Professor of Government and Legal Studies at Bowdoin College; author of The Presidency and Women: Promise, Performance, and Illusion and Lessons from the Hill: The Legislative Journey of an Education Program; and co-editor of The Other Elites: Women, Politics, and Power in the Executive Branch. MaryAnne Borrelli is Professor of Government at Connecticut College; author of The Politics of the President's Wife and The President's Cabinet: Gender, Power, and Representation; co-author of the fourteenth edition of Understanding American Government; and co-editor of The Other Elites: Women, Politics, and Power in the Executive Branch.
- PublisherTemple University Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication29/09/2016
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationPhiladelphia PA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTemple University Press,U.S.
- Weight431 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byJanet M. Martin,MaryAnne Borrelli
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.